Sunday 11 March 2012

A Sample Downtime

Here's a sample downtime to give you an idea on how to go about these things. It's pretty quick'n'dirty - some people put a lot more effort into theirs, but don't feel like you have to. In general I recommend just putting whatever details are important. If the downtime below actually contained the Heist that it seems to be leading up to then it'd have a lot more detail, with a few contingency plans in case things went wrong.

Player: Stuart
Character: Rocky Sloane
Actions: 6 (Willpower 4)
-Last game Brother Victor seemed to know a bit too much about my mob connections, so I'll watch him for a bit to see who he talks to and what he gets up to. I already know he works at a Pawn Shop on Forsyth Street, so I'll hide across the street and follow him as he leaves. I won't follow him inside buildings, as I'm less stealthy in public areas, but I'll stick around in case he comes out again.
-Javier wanted me to get some power tools for him, but as I'm broke I'll just look for a construction site and steal off with some when nobody's looking.
-Now that my mob allies have finally delivered the chemicals I was after, I'll start making some bombs with my Crafts (Explosives). I'll be doing this in my Hollow's Workshop, and store them in the Hollow until they're ready.
-In preparation for the upcoming heist, I'll also scout around in the sewers under the bank and look for any structural weaknesses.
-I've heard rumours of a strange pack of briarwolves roaming the Hedge, so I'll take a trip to investigate. I won't get too close, as I'm not equipped for a straight-up fight, but I'll see if there's any sign of what they're up to. Where are they gathering, and what for?
-I've been studying up on those books I got from Erika, so it's about time to raise my Occult from 1 to 2 (6xp).

Retainer Action: I'll send DeWolfe to meet with Alexandra, telling him to give her my apologies for not being able to meet in person, as I'm very busy. In reality I suspect it's a trap, and while DeWolfe isn't indespensible, he's better at handling himself in a fight and should be able to bust out of there if he has to.
Free Harvest Action: I'll stop by a Bread Line and harvest some sorrow from the unemployed standing in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment